WHAT IS AN EMERGENCY?
Here is an introduction to how Deaf people can access the Help 999 emergency services
via SMS on your mobile.
999 is for serious incidents only.
- You see someone who has been in a
- You witness a crime.
- Perhaps someone has fallen into
the sea or driven off a cliff, or it could
be some other dangerous situation.
- You find a child who is lost and alone.
- You might see a fire.
- Maybe you had a fall and have
broken a leg or an arm.
- Or someone has a serious health problem.